4 min read
Face oils are one of the best and effective remedies that have been used worldwide for curing various skin problems. It is the one product with multiple skin benefits that can actually give you that bright and glowing skin.
It has been used widely not only for dry skin but also for oily and acne-prone skin. The right kind of oils help balance your skin, making it healthy and happy.
FACE OILS FOR YOUR SKIN
1 FOR OILY SKIN:
- GRAPE SEED OIL:
Grapeseed oil comes from the pressed seeds of grapes. It contains high levels of linoleic acid, that can help control acne by decreasing clogged pores.
It is a lightweight oil that is non-comedogenic, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory making it a good choice for the oily skin types.
Potential benefits include:
- Prevent breakouts
- Reduces acne scarring
- Improves skin elasticity
- Evens out skin tone
- Protection against sun damage
- TEA TREE OIL:
Tea tree oil, also known as melaleuca oil, is an essential oil that has been used as a traditional herbal medicine in treating bacterial and fungal skin infections.
- It has been shown to reduce the amount and overall severity of acne.
- The antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties calms the redness and irritation and reduce acne scars.
It is important to dilute the tea tree oil with other carrier oils(olive oil, coconut oil, almond oil, etc) or a moisturizer before applying it on the skin.
2 FOR DRY SKIN:
- ALMOND OIL:
Almond oil has been used for centuries to treat dry skin conditions, including eczema and psoriasis. Also, it contains vitamin A, Vitamin E, and zinc.
- It has the ability to stimulate the production of new skin cells and smooth fine lines.
- It may help prevent skin damage due to UV rays
- Heal acne scars or facial scars.
- OLIVE OIL:
Olive oil is made by pressing olives and extracting their oil. It has been used in a variety of skin products due to its moisturizing properties. It is packed with VItamin A, D, E, and K along with having antioxidant properties.
- Moisturizes the skin by preventing water loss
- Protects against sun damage
- May fade scars by promoting regeneration of cells
- Hydrates the skin, making it more radiant
3 FOR SENSITIVE SKIN:
- COCONUT OIL:
Known to have multiple benefits, coconut oil does wonders for dry and sensitive skin. It contains nourishing fatty acids that help hydrate and protect the skin. However, it can clog pores and cause breakouts in people with oily skin.
Extra virgin coconut oil is the one that you should look for.
- Hydrates the skin, thus keeping the skin soft and supple
- Reduces inflammation and irritation
- It may help reduce the appearance of dark spots and uneven skin tone
- AVOCADO OIL:
Avocado oil contains vitamin E, potassium, beta carotene, lecithin, and many other nutrients that have regenerative and moisturizing properties. Extra virgin, cold-pressed, and unrefined is the best avocado oil for skin use. However, since it is heavy oil, it may be suited for use at night.
- It helps heal chapped skin
- Hydrates and moisturizes the skin
- Also, it shields skin from ultraviolet radiation
4 FOR AGING SKIN:
- Jojoba Oil
Jojoba is a lightweight oil making it great for combination skin. It has a variety of healing properties because of which many people use it as a part of their daily skincare. It is naturally moisturizing and has antioxidant properties that can help fight against harm caused by everyday pollution.
- It is non-comedogenic, which means it is less likely to block pores and cause breakouts.
- Helps maintain the skin elasticity
- It may help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Rosehip Oil
Rosehip oil is also known as rosehip seed oil and is derived from the Rosa canina rose bush. It is full of nourishing ingredients with antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties. This oil absorbs deep in the skin, hydrating and giving the skin a natural glow.
- It can help reduce dullness
- It has the ability to reduce hyperpigmentation and other visible signs of aging with regular use.
- Highly effective in improving the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles